Questions & Answers
- I need help with picking colors. How can you help me?
- When I call, will I have to speak to a machine?
- Will you use good paint?
- Can I feel safe when the crew is working in the house?
- Are you a legitimate company? Do you pay taxes?
- Will the painters take care of my home? Will they protect my floors?
Will they clean up when the project is finished? Will they be careful of our garden?
- How will you keep me up-to-date on the progress of the work?
- Will they finish on schedule? Will they finish before my big event?
- Are your painters skilled? Do they have any training?
- Will I get a fair bid?
- Are you a local business? Will I be able to find you after the paint job?
- Do you have a warranty? Do you stand behind it?
- Will it be safe for my family to sleep in their rooms tonight?
- I need help with picking colors. How can you help me?Yes. Extra effort on the color selection pays big dividends at the end. Click here for color selection tools that you can use on your own. We can also supply 8.5″x 11″ large color sheets delivered to your home so you can test the color. Many people like to “talk it over”, so we provide you with an hour of professional, free color consultation. And hey, if by chance you don’t love your selection, the wall prep work is already done and, after all, it’s just paint and not cast in concrete.
- When I call, will I have to speak to a machine?At The Final Coat, a full-time office manager will answer your call, help you answer any questions, and get your meeting or project off on the right foot. We’ll also give you cell numbers for after hour contact.
- Will you use good paint?We apply only quality paints and stains from Sherwin Williams, PPG, Benjamin Moore, Sikkens, ICI, California Paints and other quality suppliers. There is a saying in the painting world: “Good prep and mediocre product always beats Mediocre prep and good product.” The paint manufacturers offer good-better-best products and we will be happy to advise you of the differences.
- Can I feel safe when the crew is working in the house?We use a careful screening process when we hire, including a background check and drug testing. Our people are committed to being drug free and violence free. Most of the compliments we get are about our great staff. They are employees of The Final Coat, not subcontractors. Click here for more on what it means to be the family-safe painters.
- Are you a legitimate company? Do you pay taxes?The Final Coat Inc is a registered corporation and pays taxes, workers’ compensation insurance, liability insurance,…and we actually think the staff earns a right to some vacation time and health insurance. Our employees appreciate the benefits of being part of a well run, family safe painting company. Here today, here tomorrow.
- Will the painters take care of my home? Will they protect my floors?Will they clean up when the project is finished? Will they be careful of our garden?
Our set-up procedures include careful protection of your home and your belongings. The crew leader will ask if anything needs special attention and will work with you to ensure its protection. Our clean-up procedures including vacuuming the work area, checking hardware, and wiping the baseboards down to keep your home clean. We even wash our drop cloths. You will also have an opportunity to grade the crew and the whole Final Coat experience upon completion.
- How will you keep me up-to-date on the progress of the work?Your crew leader will communicate with you daily. If you are not home to communicate with directly, the crew leader will leave you a daily written update and a cell phone number. We will also keep you informed of the projected completion date.
- Will they finish on schedule? Will they finish before my big event?At The Final Coat, we take schedules seriously. The crew leader for your home will do a pre-job walk through with you to be sure the scope of the project can be completed on time (weather permitting on exterior projects). Because we have multiple skilled crews we can combine crews to complete the job when you need it done. We will stay on your job until it is done. We won’t jump around from one job to another.
- Are your painters skilled? Do they have any training?Our crew leaders have between 5-15 years in the painting business. Our ongoing Training Program assists each painter in developing and sharpening their skills. We also belong to a national organization of painting companies who share “best practices”.
- Will I get a fair bid?Our prices are typically above average compared to others. We frankly just don’t like to cut corners and we don’t like surprises. Our estimates are built individually for your job and based on actual production rates and material consumption rates for the proper preparation and application onto hundreds of surfaces. We’ll be happy to review the details of an estimate with you if you want to compare apples-to-apples. In the residential contracting world, it is not unusual to get prices that are vastly different. For more on trying to make an apples-to-apples comparison, see this link to an article from The Akron Beacon Journal, and see our page on 10 reasons to pick the family safe painting company.
- Are you a local business? Will I be able to find you after the paint job?We’ve been in business since 1984. The business is owned and managed by Ted and Renee Wetzel. We have an office in Mayfield Village (near Progressive Insurance) and our shop is in Akron (near Good Year World Headquarters and near Hoban High School). We are the only painting business in the Stow Chamber of Commerce, we are members of the Akron Executives Association, and you’ll find good comments at the BBB and on Angie’s List. We are glad to be a part of this community!
- Do you have a warranty? Do you stand behind it?Our Total Satisfaction Guarantee: Your questions will be answered completely; You’ll participate in the completion inspection; Any concerns or final touchups will be handled promptly, before we leave the job; We will perform a follow-up call and appreciate your feedback. We will perform free of charge touch-ups on exterior work for 2 years. We will go all out to add your name to our long list of Totally Satisfied Customers.
- Will it be safe for my family to sleep in their rooms tonight?Most of our clients do not have any health related problems with the acrylic, water-based paints we use in homes. Our crews “air-out” painted rooms whenever the weather permits, and special paints can be used when clients have sensitivity needs.